TESTT // Description V1.0
TESTT – The Empty Shop Think Tank – is a 12 month research and development project which brings together artists, producers, promoters and leaders from the North East art sector. Collectively TESTT explores the potential of Empty Shop as an organisation, Durham’s cultural ecology and the relationship between the two.
TESTT is supported by:
- Arts Council England
- Durham University
- Durham County Council
- Annabel Turpin – Chief Executive, ARC, Stockton Arts Centre
- Claire Malcolm – Chief Executive, New Writing North
- Mark Robinson – Director, Thinking Practice
- Sarah Munro – Director, Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art
2nd floor, 25 North Road, Durham, DH1 4SG
TESTT Space is a visual arts hub in Durham city centre. With a life span of approximately 12 – 18 months, it will inform the overall TESTT project as a platform for action research.
The building aims to deliver a number of resources which will develop over time, these include:
- Self contained studio spaces for a range of practising artists at various stages in their arts career.
- 3 gallery spaces each with a distinct focus: community, emerging and established
- Community resources such as workshop space and darkroom facilities
- Studio provision for Durham University students
- Residency space
- Black box theatre space
You can follow updates on the development of TESTT Space via the Empty Shop Instagram account.
*Please note, this building is currently only accessible via stairs.